Ye Olde Swimming Hole

current, insightful, yet nostalgic

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Oscars, Grammys and the Like

It's the season when we celebrate the "greatest" works of "art" by our celebrities and stars and those who make them so. I don't think I've ever sat through an entire Oscars or Grammys award program. Some of the artists truly deserve the honor or these awards, but many do not.

This year's Oscars show just how out-of-touch Hollywood is with the rest of America. As I mentioned, there's no doubt there are some good things being produced out there, but we could do so much better. I hope some talented movie and television producers rise to the top and give us something worth looking at. Some of that is out there now, but I hope it because the benchmark for others to follow and that the economy of wholesome wants will drive our media viewing habits in the right direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home